Sunday, January 9, 2011

Year Five Contest!

I didn't realize until I was filing some old paperwork that Purple Pony Art is five years old this year. August, to be specific. Such an anniversary calls for a contest, no? How about a contest every month? Yes? If that sounds good, read on!

Over the years I have had a hard time controlling inventory, so I went super nerdy and barcoded everything. With a few clicks, I could figure out what sold and what hadn't, and it told me some surprising things about popularity.

Can you guess which of the three images below was my best selling image of 2010? Please leave your answer in the comments. On January 31st at 6pm MTN, I'll pick a winner from all the correct entries.

Was the most popular image...


the maple leaf, taken in 2008 in Edmonton, Alberta?



these purple pansies, taken in 2006 in Radium, British Columbia?



or this pair of water lilies, taken in 2010 in Niagara Falls, Ontario?




Rules

1. One entry per person; one guess per entry
2. If the winner cannot be contacted, another winner will be chosen
3. Print will be sent postage paid anywhere in the world
4. Entries must be made on this blog post only

Remember to leave your answer in the comments section and good luck!

If you have any questions, please email me at calzephyr@gmail.com And please tell your friends as well!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is really hard as they are all so lovely. I would venture to say the red maple leaf - It stands out so brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 5th year. Wow!

    Hey and bar coding everything sounds interesting, I'd love to hear more about how you did that. I have stuff all over and am not as organized as I'd like to be one day.

    Hmmm This is a hard one, I will have to guess the purple pansies. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine! This is so much fun! I'm with Pam, I would like to know how you did the bar coding ;o) Now for my guess, I think the "Maple Leaf" ;o) And, congrats for 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to guess the pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 5 years!

    Wow, barcoded inventory would really help to keep track of everything!

    I am going to guess the maple leaf - though they all are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Christine, I've been blogging 9 days LOL, I have a bit to go to catch up to you ; ) Well I would love to participate if that's OK... I pick the Water-lillies as the best seller, I think they would be most popular because they aren't seasonal (like the stunning autumn leaf) and more generic (pansies stand for loving thoughts so a good 'gift' aceo) but water lillies can be whatever sentiment you want them to be, a symbol of rebirth & enlightenment, so I think people can recognise this and associate them with Monet's beautiful paintings of them which lifted them from the pond on to the walls of museums admired by all....
    and I could be totally utterly wrong LOL but it's so much fun to guess : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess is the water lilly image. It is very "zen" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five years?! You are so amazing and accomplished, and yet so humble. Congrats on the landmark anniversary.

    I'm gonna say it was the purple pansies.
    - Sarah @ Bubblegum Sass

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will guess the Maple leaf. Congrats on 5 years! I have been around seriously for about that long too :)

    ReplyDelete