Friday, January 22, 2016

2010 Lougheed House Visit

Like most creative people, I'm sitting on a pile of images and sometimes those images take longer than usual to see the light of day! I finally sat down and uploaded 20 of my favourite pictures from a 2010 visit to Lougheed House, a historic home and museum here in Calgary. It was a beautiful summer day, and my Mom and I headed down there to see what was new in the garden. I took along a piece of frosty plastic from an IKEA box and Mom patiently held it higher or lower behind the flowers. The effect worked well - a sort of fake selective focus which my old Canon PowerShot lacked. In pictures of the irises, it added a sparkly effect. A few of the irises and the violas have made it on to cards and magnets and now that I'm looking at them again, I'll probably pick out a few more for craft sales this year :-) Click through to see the whole album.
IMG_3718

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Really enjoyed them Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...another month or so and I'll try to visit the garden again :-) We're having such a nice spring that it shouldn't be long.

    ReplyDelete