Sunday, February 7, 2021

ACAD310 - Timeless

I can't believe the first week of February is over. I'm taking two lecture classes and one studio class this semester at Alberta University of the Arts, formerly ACAD. Here's my first project, a non-functional clock called Timeless.

It's also hard to believe that I have been working from home for almost a year. The meaning of time has vastly changed, hence why the clock doesn't have any traditional markers of time passing. The orange and navy blue faces move. The clock measures 12x24", is wrapped in scrap fabric and cardstock and all the faces were actually cut by hand instead of a digital die cutter. You'll see something different depending on height and time of day with the foil faces.

My studio class is ACAD310, but what really makes it interesting is that broad topics unite a broad selection of disciplines. Students work in their chosen medium based around a suggestion. The topic for the first assignment revolved (heh) around time, cycles, and the future. I jumped at this and made a clock that lacks the traditional markers of time passing. I took a lot of in progress pictures and you'll be amazed that this was the final product. Stay tuned for those.

Timeless

No comments:

Post a Comment