Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blog Backlog #1 - Third Place!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I feel like I have hardly been home with the farmer's market, travelling and when I am home, I'm trying to get through virtual piles of photos. Here's one I couldn't wait to re-take - third prize in the colored pencil and pastel drawings, western theme class at the Calgary Stampede Arts and Crafts Showcase. First place was a more traditional use of pastel, a portrait of a pioneer man. The second was a calf. When you enter, you have no idea if you have won something, so I was just thrilled to get a ribbon! The framing was chosen for me by Studio Todorovic via Ted Harrison Framing in Art Central, Calgary. Of course, big props goes to Jess for the use of Sunny and Sabre's likenesses :-)

What will I do next year? I better think of something quick!! A year seems like a long time, but it really isn't.


Alberta Spirit

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Congratulations on your ribbon. The horses are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlene! I'm still feeling pretty proud about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Congratulations, how awesome! What a beautiful framed piece of art. It is so cool to see your art look so professional.

    ReplyDelete