Monday, November 22, 2010

...

Well, only two Christmas craft sales left to go! In a way I miss not being able to do five or six sales because they’re so much fun. From the setup to the take down, I really enjoy the sales and I don’t know why. Maybe it’s the anticipation, or just seeing what will sell or who I will be talking to about my art and photography.

This past weekend’s sale was at the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association, which is a busy community centre. Our community doesn’t even have a community hall, and really, community halls of a certain age are more like an afterthought - just big enough to be useful for a wedding or a party, and maybe a skating rink if you’re lucky. This community hall has a canteen, a lounge, a bowling alley, a skating rink and bingo. It really is the heart of the community and it was so nice to see so many people come out to support it. My sales weren’t as good as last year, but there were lots of people who remembered me! That was a real warm and fuzzy feeling :-) It was a two day sale, and I had time to go home and make some new cards when I sold out of some photo cards.

My next sale is at the Scenic Acres Community Centre, which is a much smaller community hall. I have been playing around withrack my table displays and it’s kind of funny to see how people like to shop. I have sold a crazy number of large cards so far and I wonder if it has to do with putting them on a card instead of a spinner rack. If that’s the case, I wish I had been doing it all along :-)

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck on the next sale Christine!!! Maybe next year you will be making some ornaments;o) I think next year I might get involved with some craft sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck on all your sales. Craft sales are a lot of fun although I have only been in one very small and didn't sell much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Craft Sales. They are always a lot of fun. Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment! Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete