Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No Christmas Cards This Year

Howdy friends! I have sad news - I don't think I'll be able to send out Christmas cards this year. I have always enjoyed exchanging cards with folks online for many years, but I just don't think I can do it as I juggle work, school and a month of Christmas craft sales.

If you would like to send me a card, I would love to hear from you! Send it to: Christine Bennett, PO Box 97014, Calgary, Alberta, T3K 0P2, Canada. Who knows, maybe I'll end up sending out friendship cards for Valentine's Day instead!

I'm kind of glad that Mom and I aren't doing a craft sale for the first two weekends in November. Last weekend was really nice, and I really need this upcoming weekend to prepare.

We'll be at Fort Calgary's Artisan Fair on November 11 (750 - 9 Avenue SE) from 11:30-5 though. We have always wanted to do this sale, but we always felt enhugugh about the date, but every year we try at least one new venue. My grandfather, who passed away in peacetime, fought in World War 2 and the Korean War for Canada. But, this sale has gone on during Remembrance Day for years now, and it includes a morning ceremony. I haven't been able to really take part in Remembrance Day ceremonies for years now - many businesses no longer consider it a stat holiday and sometimes there isn't even a pause at 11. We'll give it a try and see how it feels :-)

2 comments:

  1. The fair sounds great! If I lived closer, I would come ;o) Always take time to pause and remember ;o) Even if other people don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, it's hard to do cards and other things when your so busy. I am glad you have a little break!

    ReplyDelete