Friday, December 31, 2010

2011? A New Year In So Many Ways

I have been thinking about my new year's post all week. Mostly I have been thinking about all the Mission 101 things that I didn't get done :-D It's funny how easily plans can change in a short amount of time. One such change of plan on short notice is that I will be unemployed at the end of February.

Now, I don't want to hear sorries from anyone :-) There are some things worth being sorry for, but I have been secretly buoyed by the potential for the future and being cut loose from having to make certain decisions. There is a certain freedom in having the clarity to plan and energy that comes from planning. I am excited about being able to put more time into my business, my cards, my art, and my family.

It's going to be so nice to completely immerse myself at the art college and not worry about making up hours or such. I will miss the fantastic people I work with, but I'll probably get to see them just as much in the future. Just because one door closes doesn't mean it has to close completely.

Have a happy and safe new year's eve friends, and we'll chat next year :-)

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Christine! I'm excited for you! I believe everything happens for a reason! Here's to an amazing 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too hun! It will definitely be an amazing year for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best in the future and look forward to seeing the art you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :-) Here's to the future!

    ReplyDelete