Friday, December 9, 2011

My Colour Wheel

Weaving is not quite over yet, although drawing is thankfully. In mid-November we spent a day dying wool with acid dyes. Each student had to make enough samples of one colour series for the whole class. I ended up getting black, which turned out more purple gray! At least I could tell that there was light, medium and dark!


We could organize our samples any way we liked. Mackenzie jokingly said he would be disappointed if anyone made theirs into a unicorn. How could I not? :)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

4 comments:

  1. Lol! Way to be a rebel ;) I love it, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! I'm glad you like it...I guess I could have done a bird as well. The sole guy in the weaving class wrapped his around a big stick. There was lots of room for creativity with this one. I don't think I would dye yarn at home - it's easy, but you need lots of space.

    ReplyDelete