Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013...

So...how has that first week of 2013 gone? Still mulling some new years resolutions. Of course, some people don't believe in them, but I found myself thinking "less is more" mostly. Perhaps it was because I finally had a chance to chuck a lot of stuff during Christmas break. But, when you think about it, most resolutions centre around doing more.

I quickly found so many ways to get on this mantra. This is the time of year where everyone is emailing special offers. Unsubscribe from a lot of those puppies! Less email, less temptation, w00t!

It's also a good time to look at other things you may subscribe too, but these things actually cost money. I cancelled a few website subscriptions, because like those gym memberships, you find they're not being used. However, the gym membership is not something I'm giving up on. There's a World Health near ACAD and I plan on hitting the treadmill after class on Saturdays.

This might be a little difficult, but I'm going to try and stay out of Michaels too! I spend a lot there :) My husband is skeptical and so are my guy friends. It's an expensive love affair. But I have so much stash, and I'm with Craftymoose in finding more ways to use it up.

Lastly, there are those small fees that divert nickels and dimes from your savings. The bonus of this time of year is having the peace to sit down and examine a new budget. I was shocked to discover that we were paying way too much in banking fees the other night. Not just a little shock, but a big shock. We were on the wrong plan where every extra transaction over the limit was costing $1. Sometimes when thinking up the big goals, we forget about the little goals. Ah well! Back on track now. Wishing all the best for 2013...

5 comments:

  1. One goal at a time, that is what I say! Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about everything!!!! I just went through all my paints and supplies and I don't think I will have to go into Michaels at all this year!! I just looked at my bank fees too! Good luck with everything! You are starting off on the right foot ;o) Happy New Year ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michaels is the worst addiction lol I think I have enough supplies I need to try and stay away... Don't think I'd make it a year but sure going to try for a few months lol I would like to unsubscribe from a lot of emails too, get too many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely one goal at a time Crystal! The worst is trying to do it all at once!

    Pamela and Stacy, I definitely need to shop in my stash more. I'm actually making a box of supplies to donate! Eeek...it’s a terrible addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure is. I went to a store beside Michael's the other night, and the only thing that saved me was I went at night after work and Michael's was closed lol

    ReplyDelete