Saturday, January 10, 2015

Here's to 2015!

For many years now, I haven't been good at sending Christmas cards. I think a few trickled out though. Over the holidays I made a lot of special cards for friends, and you'll be seeing more of them soon. Here's one for a budgie friend of mine:


I really enjoyed making the cards. Truly, my friends inspired me! Best of all, I didn't let thinking get in the way of doing. I just went with what I felt and didn't worry about being perfect. I would love to do a giant disco Muffin down the road. In terms of 2014...well, for the Year of the Horse, I felt more like the horse was dragging me through the mud and gleefully running under trees instead of me riding it. Hopefully I don't get headbutted by the ram next month :-)

5 comments:

  1. Love the art you've been creating. Your cockatiel & budgie card is so sweet.
    Hope 2015 is way better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Hopefully the art doesn't dry up :) The next round of cards will be for Valentine's Day, so stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. Cute card! I bet your friend really loved it! Can't wait to see the others

    ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. She really loved it :) If you would like a card sometime, just send me your address.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Angela. Stay tuned for more :)

    You are totally right, Angela. Imperfection does have a lot of beauty to it. It's the surest sign that an item is handmade with love :)

    ReplyDelete