Monday, January 24, 2022

Gearing Up for Week 3--Books

Yesterday was fun. My friend and I went to the thrift store to look for frames for my FIBRE 327 homework. It was actually hard to choose—I wanted something beat-up and vintage, but not too beat-up and vintage. I bought six frames and one definitely came from a smoker’s house. I wiped them down with Purell and then attacked them with Windex. Eeek! Kinda gross.

We made a final sweep of the store and I found a brand new book called Making is Connecting by David Gauntlett. It looks like a good practical guide and scholarly resource about how creative people connect. The book was published in 2018 and I gotta say, it’s hard to find anything new about big or little c crafting. Score! I miss random finds while browsing.

Book cover


My other books arrived today. Art/Work is a practical how-to guide to setting up a creative business. It’s required for FIBRE 451 and I can easily pass it on to someone else. I’m at the weird point where I know all this stuff, but one can always know more too!

Book cover


I also bought Klutz's Lego Gear Bots book for FIBRE 419. A wise person once told me years ago that if you don’t understand something, get a children’s book on it because they are easy to understand and have lots of pictures. Klutz books are great for this because they come with all the supplies to try out without spending a lot of money. It would be fun to include moving parts in my work, Lego or otherwise!

Book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment