Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009

For the past few years I looked forward to buying birdhouse ornaments from one of my favourite crafters. This picture and 2010's are inspired by two of them. As much as I enjoyed doing the Christmas horses, I ran out of ideas for them. My mistake though with the two pictures was not focusing closer in on the birdhouses - they are 7x9" and there's a few inches of pine tree around them. That will be cropped out for both. 2010's is half done - it's going to be a little more on the brown side.


2009 Christmas picture

PanPastel and Colored Pencil ::: 7x9" ::: January 3, 2010

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Pam! I'll have to find a fun border to put around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I found some parrot Christmas ornaments at a store near my workplace. I was in heaven! They were all glass and included a sparkly budgie, a blue cockatoo and a purple toucan :-) I have green and red macaws that I found down in Memphis in 2008 - was surprised to find similar ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete